Wednesday, January 5, 2011

today.

all of my best girl friends are between the ages of 20-23. love them all. the Lord has blessed for sure. their hearts are beautiful. some are married. some practically married. others just dating. while some are practically dating someone. and then there's us single ladies! I'm sure you would never guess that there's often talks of "someday" let me explain.

we share pretty much everything with each other. I believe its a lot like how God intended for us to do life with each other, sharpening each other, just as iron sharpens iron. we talk about fears, hopes, dreams, embarrassing things, heartache, healing moments, laughter, and even the little things that don't always seem to matter. Oftentimes someone is sayin "someday my husband and I..." or "someday when I have a real job..." "someday when I adopt kids..." yes we're girls. yes we dream of what society has fed us in happily ever afters. but we also put the "spiritual" spin on it. I mean don't get me wrong, its exciting and there is a time for these things, such as, praying with our husband every morning, going on mission trips with our own families, teaching our daughters how much Jesus loves them, tossing the football with our boys among the blessings He's given (ok so maybe that's just me and Kaylan's dream!) showing our kids and their friends how good God is.. the list goes on. Lately God has convicted me with this kind of chat.
I'm a girl ready for adventure. battle. crazy risk. out of the box. doing the out of the ordinary. going against the grain. Godly rebellion. and most of the time (99.9999%) of the time I think I'll do all that when maybe someday I'm married and have a husband to lead and battle with me. and yes, I believe God has a beautiful role of the man in a woman's life. however, I cannot miss what He's called me to do today as a single woman of the Lord. and duh somethings are bound to change in marriage,but how glorious it will be for my husband to step in and lead, and me be prepared for battle cause I've been fighting the battles He's called me to today.

The Spirit keeps asking me this question, "If you're not doing it today, what makes you think you're going to do it then?"

What are you waiting for? jump in and battle. give. live abundantly. proclaim the gospel. pray continually. dig in the word. pour into those around you. invest time for eternity. go out on a limb. go see this world, and the work He did outside of Texas! put those spiritual gifts to work. love your neighbors. love this beautiful gift of life He's given, but not more than you love Him. (btw, those are all to me)

"God said to Joshua, today I'll make you great in the eyes of Israel. they'll see that I am with you just as I was with Moses" Joshua 3:7

2 comments:

  1. sweet girl! thank you soo much for this. and thank you soo much for being you, for loving the Lord, and for looking out for me. hope you enjoy the rest of our break and i can't wait to see your smilin face again :) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in awe of all that God is teaching you!

    ReplyDelete