I did do a little praying on the way over there. I got to east LBK 13th St. a little early. so of course the Spirit prompts me subconsciously. i thought eh, I'll drive around. see where these kids are from. where they live. my heart broke. tears rolled. He captured me there.
Most of you know I've been on trips. Belize. Guatemala. I've seen some poor and broken places. I've held the least of these. But my heart broke today in a totally different way. I was convicted. It was one of those moments that you feel like, "gah, we're (I'm) missing it." His love is needed 15 minutes away from my house. His redemption and power to make broken things new and whole has its place in the east side of the LBK. I think so often we (I!) don't want to go to those places because I can't jump on a plane and get away. there's no distance as an excuse. Don't get me wrong I will forever go and love places like Guatemala. My belief in God as the Lord and Savior of EVERY nation hasn't changed. He just used today to give me a broken heart, that it might be a captured heart by the things of Him, kiddos that are hungry for love, safety and security. to know a love that will free them to let down their guard and be safe in the arms of a loving faithful Father.
"Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed..." -Mark 5:34
No comments:
Post a Comment