Sunday, July 17, 2011

hope is beauty

I'm constantly being reminded of how much I need Him. big time. He will always be all my hope and satisfaction. relationships are hard. and they will never fill the void of our hearts. After a couple of chats about 1 Peter 3 around with the girls lately I decided to spend some time diggin on my own. and boy oh boy did I find a gem!!
Peter is talking to the wives and husbands here. (note: talking to the wifey here!) 1Peter3:3-5
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful." yep there it is plain and simple: hope in God is beautiful. that was like the little twinkle diamond peering through the rock. chip a little further and you get this---the same words hope in God are seen in another scripture in 1 Timothy 5:5 "The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ask god for help, but the widow who lives for pleasure is dead even while she lives."
pause. let this sink. hope in God is the same for the wife as it is for the widow. a boy or husband doesn't and never will diminish that need. not one little bit. and if our life's aren't desperate for Him, we're dead even if our heart may beat. If our heart isn't connecting with His, no heartbeat is worth it.

I'm learning this. He's changing my heart. sanctifying.

I need Him. I need Him. I need Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment