Monday, October 10, 2011

never alone.

Every since I was probably 16 I always thought I'd be planning wedding about now. I thought I'd be married before or right after I graduated in May of 2012. But oh if I know anything its that our plans are not always His plans. He gloriously ruins to shape us and exalt His name in our lives. With May quickly (QUICKLY!!) approaching I'm starting to get lots of questions like "where are you going to live?" "what are you going to do?" all the fun questions that bring forth a lot of "i have no clue"

There are a lot of things I feel like the Lord is leading me to do with my life, like traveling OT, opening a coffee shop for ministry, adopt, etc. But if I'm completely honest I am straight up scared to death to do any of those things alone. It just seems like it'd be much easier to have a man to follow and let him make big decisions like where to live, etc. I didn't really understand how scared I was until this Sunday. I was driving to church, praying and preparing my heart for worship, as I was praying about my future the Lord spoke in a soft whisper, "you're never going alone" He knew my fears before I even knew them. Gah, He's so sovereign I can't even comprehend it. Knowing that I have no reason to fear I entered His presence seeking comfort and peace that He alone gives. worship at church was beautiful. Then when I was home alone, in the quiet, His voice began to demolish every little fear. check this-women in the bible that were heroes of the faith, Ruth, Tamar, Rahab, Mary. Umm how many of them were married?! uh-huh. there are very very few. Jesus came fulfilling prophecy of His lineage because of women like rahab, tamar and mary. The gospel came in perfection because of how God used single women. He is the source of all strength. What He calls us to do is only done in His power. I find hope and peace knowing that He will never leave me or forsake me. For that I will be courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment