the gospel is the good news. even after our justification and decision to follow Christ it continues to define who we are as believers. it is the foundation of our faith. I trusted Christ as my savior when I was 5 years old, I knew my life was pointless and empty without Him. I knew I needed Him. and now as a 21 year old I still know I need Him, maybe even know it more. Lately the Lord has been captivating my heart even more, simply with the gospel. He's resonated in my heart and mind leading me to be utterly overwhelmed with the truth of what He's done, what He's done and what He will continue to do to rescue, redeem and save.
here's a tidbit of that resonance.
He is high. exalted. Above all things. He was before all time began, He is the author of life. He is seated in the heavens surrounded by creatures that my mind can't even fathom and all creation joins to sing, Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come.-Revelation4:8. He is 'I am' all I will ever need and more. He is omnipresent, omnipotent. wow. yes, that's who He is and I've only seen a glimpse of that glory. His majesty is unsurpassed.
We've been going through the book of John in our community group at the HSC. His life is beautiful. The day after I had the image of Him seated on His throne stuck in my head all day, community group, John 13, Jesus washes His disciples feet. wait, that God that I couldn't stop thinking about His holiness and majesty, that one came and washed feet. the feet of those who would betray Him. He came near, to our hearts. to wash the dirtiest parts of our lives. that we might partake of the life He gives. Lazurus from the dead, woman at the well, Nicodemus, blind healed, healing at the pool... the list goes on. How can we miss this? He came to bring us out of death into life. old made new. blind to see. slave-free. He turned over every religious status quo, He fulfilled the law. that we may have life, today (john10:10). "He rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins" Colossians1:13-14. and He didn't just do this one time, nope, over and over He delivers us. from daily sin, hurt, shame, rejection, pity, addiction.. everyday He sustains our life and breath and offers grace and hope and peace. "For He has delivered us from a deadly peril.... On Him we have set our hope, for He will continue to deliver." 2Corinthians1:10. A God who came near to pay my penalty on a cross that was technically mine to carry brings forth a love that is irresistably compelling. It moves me. opens and fixates my eyes, to gaze into His beauty. I refuse, I refuse to sit in contentment and not proclaim this gospel that is timeless and freeing. to go. to be, here. for those who have never heard, here and in unreached places of the world. and in the words of my friend who's agnostic and on her way to knowing Christ. "Jesus was a man of deep character and He loved beyond people's behaviors and backgrounds, He taught a love that brings change." and watching this love change her heart, my heart, brings me to surrender to give all of me for the kingdom who's keys are good news.
No comments:
Post a Comment