Wednesday, March 23, 2011

forever thankful

six years ago tomorrow. a skinny high school boy skipped soccer practice to see me. that event started this crazy journey and a still wonderful friendship. there are few events in your life that have such a huge impact, for me this one ranks about 2 or 3. and I just want to be able to testify of how God has brought forth His glory. in six years i've learned to bear burdens, to deeply love another child of the King. He's molded me to be merciful and show grace, which if you know me that is sooo not my first nature. He's brought me to choose to be obedient no matter the cost. to share in suffering and even still to be joyful in affliction. to truly be still and wait for the Lord, to just simply be patient. I've learned to live and enjoy the blessings. to know the truth that He is sovereign and seated on His throne today and tomorrow and forever. fighting the flesh to listen to His command to do everything without selfish ambition. amidst it all the Kingdom and the gospel must never be put on hold. there's been laughter, tears, hurt, acceptance, rejection, silence, fear, and uncertainties but of this I am certain He has used every part to mold me .Philippians 1:6 in action. and for that I am forever thankful.

so my few blog friends. what is one of those BIG, ongoing or short events in your life that He has used? Give Him glory for it today, because I'm convinced He's probably using it or has used to change you.

"our hope is not that our circumstances will change soon, but that He is using them to change us."

No comments:

Post a Comment