Tuesday, March 22, 2011

i'm bbaaacckk.

so sorry I've been kinda M.I.A. lately. just school, DNOWs, Spring Break and well blogging just kinda gets pushed out. but it's time to get back in the game. its march, which means march madness, heck yes! love it. duke is gonna take it all. just callin that right now. Ok, so you remember that series I started "Fridays with Josh" well i wasn't so good at that, but I did finish the book of Joshua, today actually. quite beautiful, seriously. So just to hit the highlights that I thought were just rockin. 1) the good book says that every good promises that the Lord made to Israel was fulfilled, not one, not one was left unfulfilled. how stinkin sick and encouraging is that! not one promise was left unfulfilled. let that truth ring in your heart and mind today. keeping in mind that the Israelites had to get outta Egypt wander in the desert and battle before they were all fulfilled. but even still they knew and saw His faithfulness and for that 2) they chose to worship Him. Joshua tells his peeps, "choose this day whom you will serve." and i know you've probably heard this verse over and over. but check this out in the last chapter of josh. the boy joshua tells them consider the Lord and choose. then, this is huge. He instructs them to put away anything of the former life, idols, etc...sounds a lot like the call on our life as born again believers. we must put away the former things. and choose. to serve Him. and worship Him only, because He is faithful.

and in our unfaithful moments, His faithfulness declares its constancy. -amd (this one not the other)

speaking of the other amd (the lil bro man). he had a show at the Prophet Bar in Deep Ellum, kinda a big deal. he was pumped. and so was I. coolest part of the show was the intro. they played this "nightlights" by jimmy needham. just making it clear who the show was for. "because applause is a poor form of soul medication." can i just say i stinkin love my brother's heart. I'll never forget one of our chats about music. he told me, "ashley, I'm just scared that if my music ever goes big and I get a recording label, I'll become prideful." just pure honesty and truth of the flesh. but by the Spirit he is (we can) overcome the flesh. and I just can't wait to see all the work that bust out through that kid.

that's all for now.
peace and wreck 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment