hello my few and faithful readers! my goal this summer is to blog once a week or more, exciting huh?!
So I walked into my room the other day after just getting back from a workout, I knew it was some time for some Jesus time. I usually leave my shoes on to help me be more productive the rest of the evening (just one of my many quirks). but this time it was very different. As soon as I began entering into the throne room, I heard so clearly, "take off your shoes" -well that's strange, as much as I hate wearing shoes I usually leave them on a while. But I took em off and just plopped right there on my floor with the word, journal, and some shawn mcdonald. I began pondering why on earth did the Lord ever tell anyone to take off their shoes, because they're on holy ground? seriously what do shoes have anything to do with it? then I got this gem of a thought.....
Maybe He wants us to take off our shoes because He's inviting us into His presence to come, sit and stay a while. Maybe He's inviting us into His mansion and all that He has in store. Maybe He wants us not to be ready to leave that presence so quickly. But instead to sit and glean from Him and to worship the One who is Holy and all He wants is us to take off our shoes and plop it there a while.
so today...take off your shoes, enter into His mansion.
And in the words of John Randles- "get out of the entry way, Go explore and see what He has in His house with many rooms"
All I know of Him I adore and am satisfied, but I know there is still so much more-ad
beautiful thought!!
ReplyDelete